PEOPLE & PROCESS LTD. FRM.1.7 VERSION 2 05122021
People and Process Ltd are committed to collecting, processing, storing and destroying all in formation in
accordance with the GDPR (General data protection regulation), Data Protection Act 1988,2003 and 2018 and
any other associated legal, accreditation, or /regulatory body rules or codes of conduct that apply to our
business and/or the information we process and store.
how we treat your information. It also outlines the conditions under which we may disclose it to others. Please
read policy carefully.
People and Process Ltd develops and delivers classroom–based and blended learning training courses. We
deliver these through various locations throughout Ireland, and client–specific tailored courses located at client
The registered address is:
People and Process Ltd is the data controller.
1. Personal Data Collection
Why do we collect personal data?
We collect and use personal data for the purposes associated with the administration of:
a) A learner relationship
b) Client company relationship
c) Supplier relationships
in order to fulfil educational and contractual obligations.
Information from staff is collected for the purpose of recruitment, selection, and employment matters.
Personal data is collected and processed for the following purposes: (This list is not exhaustive)
- To administer programme data, record academic achievements and determine/the overall award outcome
- To support learners in participating and completing the programme i.e. we may use information provided (e.g.
information about a disability) and information we collect about experiences and services
- To monitor and evaluate the learner experience
- To carry out internal audits, programme reviews and self–evaluations
- To monitor learner engagement with online platforms
- To administer the financial aspects of learner registration e.g., payment of fees
- To enable effective communication
- To administer appeals, complaints, disciplinary matters, and matters relating to academic malpractice
- To produce reports for management to plan and improve programmes, services, and the Quality assurance system
- To confirm the details of academic achievements, and for statistical and historical purposes, a core record of each learner’s performance is retained indefinitely
- To respond to requests for information made under data protection legislation
- Recruitment, selection, and employment matters (staff, expert panellists, examiners, and authenticators)
- To apply for QQI certification
- To comply with requirements of corporate clients and public bodies
Data subjects are informed in advance of all possible and specific uses of information, so that the subject is
aware of the limited, and necessary cases where their data will be shared, such as with QQI for certification
Without this information, People and Process Ltd would not be able to provide its services. People and Process
Ltd only obtains & processes information required for these purposes. People and Process Ltd shares
information internally and with Tutors for operational reasons only as is necessary & proportionate for the
The lawful basis’ by which we process personal information are as follows:
- processing is necessary for the delivery of training and education programmes to which the
information subject is party or to deal with requests for course information prior to booking onto a
course (legitimate basis)
- the information subject has given consent to the processing of his or her personal information for one
or more specific purposes
- processing is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which People and Process Ltd or the
data controller is subject (in the case of QQI programmes).personal information is necessary for fulfilling our obligations related to contracts and agreements with clients and suppliers.
2. How your data will be collected:
- Personal data will be collected from you, in a number of ways:
Directly from you – such as information you provide when
- you enquire about a programme
- you complete registration forms (online or hard copy applications)
- you supply supplementary information such as evidence of past education or information to support reasonable accommodations
- you communicate with People and Process Ltd by telephone, email or via our website to make enquiries
- you submit classroom–based assessments or assessments via our secure online platform
- you provide course feedback on hardcopy form or via an online form
3.What personal data do we collect?
- Phone Number (Mobile)
- Email address
- Relevant educational information/current qualifications
- Relevant employment information (support RPL applications)
- Health information (to support applications for reasonable accommodations or assessment extension or deferral requests)
- Assessment scripts and results
- Recordings of tutor & learner forums ( Information on Learner/Tutor forums are deleted on completion of programme)
- We may also collect feedback, comments and questions received from you during our training and activities. This can include emails, phone calls, documents, and meetings.
For Clients and suppliers, we collect your company’s name and contact information.
If you upload photos or videos, add posts or comments, etc. on our social media sites, the information can be
read by anyone with access to these sites and used for purposes over which People and Process Ltd have no
control. Therefore, People and Process Ltd is not responsible for any information you submit to our social media sites.
4. Personal Data and QQI Certification
This section applies only to those intending to achieve QQI certification through our courses.
People and Process Ltd collects, stores and processes special categories of personal data, such as Public
Personal Social Numbers (PPSN) and sensitive personal data in the form of dates of birth, gender and home
addresses. This information is required to be collected by us for any persons being submitted by us for
certification to Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI). QQI is an authorised data collector by the Department
of Social Protection and Family Affairs and QQI has delegated these powers to us as a QQI quality–assured
training provider. We only submit this information to QQI on your behalf and all data is securely deleted by us
once submitted. Internal access to this data is restricted to only those individuals involved in collecting, storing
and submitting the information to QQI.
5. Individual Rights
You have the following rights, subject to certain exemptions, in relation to your data:
- The right to be informed about the data processing People and Process Ltd carries out on your
- The right to request access to your personal data held by People and Process Ltd – to have a copy of
the personal data that we hold about you
- The right to rectification – to have inaccurate or incomplete personal data rectified
- The right to erasure of personal data where there is no legitimate reason for the organisation to
continue to process your personal data
- The right to restrict the processing of personal data – you have the right to block the processing of your personal data in specific situations
- The right to data portability – you have the right to request that the organisation provides some elements of your information (e.g. academic progress records) in order to provide it to other organisations
- The right to object – you can object to the processing of your personal data by the organisation in certain circumstances, including the sending & receipt of correspondence relating to upcoming courses etc.
- The right to object to automated decision making & profiling. People and Process Ltd do not make decisions affecting students by automatic means without human intervention.
6. What will we do with your data?
People and Process may use and disclose your personal data for the following reasons:
- To process your assessments for certification
- To improve our services
- To contact you on occasion with information on progression opportunities
7. How long do we keep your personal data?
We store personal data for as long as we find it necessary to fulfil the purpose for which the personal data was
collected, while also considering our need to answer your queries or resolve possible problems and to comply
with legal requirements under applicable laws.
We retain basic learner data indefinitely should learners require proof of education for the purposes of
employment or further education at some time in the future.
Whilst basic data is retained, other data such as feedback forms and assessments are disposed of. A retention
schedule is maintained.
8. Personal Data Sharing
Who has access to your information?
Any contact information that you provide through our system will not be sold/rented/leased to any third party
for the purpose of selling or marketing to you.
- Employers – certificates of attendance and grades are provided to employers who have funded the
- Department of Social Protection to verify employment status and eligibility for allowances
- Potential employers/recruitment companies for verification of qualifications
- Payment provider
- For those intending to achieve QQI certification personal data is submitted to QQI on learner’s behalf
- External Authenticators – assessments for external review.
- Tutors are provided with your personal information to enable People and Process Ltd to provide you with the services under the terms of our contract with you.
This is not an exhaustive list and any other disclosures to third parties not listed here are made only where there is legitimate reason to do so and in accordance with the law.
9. How you can access, update and erase your information.
The accuracy of your information is important to us. You have the right to ask for a copy of the information that People and Process Ltd hold about you. To exercise this right, data subjects should make a subject access
request. The request will be complied with without delay within 30 days.
If you change address, email address, or any of the other information we hold is inaccurate or out of date,
please contact us at email@example.com. To request data we have on hold to be erased please
We use site tracking software to monitor traffic patterns and site usage to help us develop the design and
layout of our websites. This software does not enable us to capture any personal information.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure,
we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the
information we collect online. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your
personal information from unauthorised access, use, or disclosure.
People & Process Ltd. takes all due care in ensuring the privacy and integrity of the information that you
provide; we recognise that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. The
possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully observed by a third party while in transit over the
Internet or while stored on People & Process systems. People & Process Ltd. accepts no liability should this
All hard copy personal data is held securely at People and Process Ltd head office with restricted access. Hard
copy assessments are held securely at training centres and during transfer to People and Process Ltd head
office. Information is retained as per our retention policy. All information that is disposed of is done in a
secure manner, with records of disposal maintained
12. Contacting Us
Your right to complain with a supervisory authority
We make every effort to ensure your personal data is securely and respectfully handled.
If you are unhappy with the way in which your personal data has been processed, you may, in the first
instance, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
the Data Protection Commissioner (the supervisory authority for Ireland). They can be contacted by email
Our Data Protection Policy can be accessed via the link below.