The EU directive on Data Protection of 1995 was translated in to Irish law with the Data Protection (Amendment) Act 2003.
Since that time with the exponential growth of internet services that touch all aspects of our lives, there has been a dramatic increase in the platforms, applications and services requiring users to share their personal data.
This has lead to increased risks to users with data breaches and theft or loss of personal data. This in turn has fuelled reluctance on behalf of the users to share personal information on line.
GDPR is important because it improves the protection of european data subjects’ rights and clarifies what companies that process personal data must do to safeguard these rights
Our GDPR course equips the learner with the knowledge of the principles and rights to protection enshrined in the articles of the GDPR and how best companies can ensure compliance to these.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
- Understand the objectives and principles of GDPR.
- Appreciate the legal basis for data processing and how that is verified.
- Understand the rights of data subjects including access, rectification and erasure of personal data.
- Understand the obligations on data controllers and processors.
- Appreciate the procedures and processes that must be put in place by companies to control risks surrounding personal data stored.
- Understand the remedies and sanctions that may be put in place for non- compliance with GDPR.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those employees working in processing or controlling the personal data of users and for employers engaged in the gathering and processing of user data as part of their service provision.
This course is also beneficial to those users or data subjects who wish to understand their rights under the new regulation.