Hello and welcome to this training course on Food Formulation and Processing.
Food formulation is the development of food recipes for particular food products. Some food products use ingredients that results in higher consumption of sugar, sodium, fat, and additives. Such food product formulations can cause public health concerns and consumers must be made aware of this in product labelling.
Other food formulations use high levels of particular nutrients to produce functional food products that target the preventive treatment of specific health conditions e.g. intestinal health, joint health and heart health.
Food Processing looks at how science and technology are used to:
• Transform ingredient to edible product
• Remove potential contaminants
• Store and preserve food safely
• Improve the quality of food for the consumer
• Improve the efficiency of food production.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
• Understand the main functional properties of foods: organoleptic, kinaesthetic, hydration and stability
• Understand the different food additives and how EU legislation applies.
• Understand different food processing methods and applications and the effects of processing on food’s nutritional value
• Understand the production of cheese, yoghurt, butter, cream and other commercially relevant dairy products
• Understand the functional properties of meat and fish in value-added food products
• Understand the processing methods used in meat and fish.
Who is this course for?
This course is ideal for those who are new to working in the Food Sector and want to learn about food formulation and processing.
This course is also appropriate for anyone that is looking to work within the food sector and wants to learn more.