Hello and welcome to this training course on Food Safety Level 2.
Providing adequate food safety training to everyone who handles food in a business is essential to protecting customers from food poisoning, allergic reactions and other health risks that could occur from eating contaminated food.
This training programme builds on the Food Safety Level 1 induction training. In this food safety training, we outline the additional food safety skills that an employee who works with food should be able to demonstrate within 6-12 months of joining the company.
On completion of this training course, you will be able to:
• Understand the legal responsibilities of food safety handlers and employers.
• Understand the different types of food bacteria, their conditions for growth and their effects on consumed food.
• Understand how HACCP controls are implemented in the workplace
• Apply best practise in food safety during food preparation, cooking, transportation and storage
• Understand the application of the correct cleaning procedures to ensure food safety.
• Understand the requirements for communication and control of food allergens.
• Understand the requirements for maintaining good records , dealing with complaints, returns and assisting in food safety audits.